Saturday, April 7, 2012

Exercise! Yes, I Said the "E" Word!

With topics I cover; health, minimalism, environment, and frugality, where does exercise fit into all of that? Surely I don't fork out the money to pay for a gym monthly or waste my gas driving to one. I definitely don't want a bunch of big bulky or small equipment to clutter my house right? Yep! That's is all correct! However, to a person who cares deeply about health, exercise is VERY important! So, what do I do it exercise on a budget with little clutter? I REBOUND and SWING (on a Chi Swing that is).

This is the rebounder, also known as a mini-trampoline, that sits in my bedroom. I attached my bands to the legs, for a full body workout. The rebounder is one of the most beneficial exercises you can do! Click here to read 33 benefits of using a rebounder. The joy of the rebounder is that you get amazing benefits from it even if you only have 10 minutes to use it! I usually try to get in a least 30 min. a day 5 days a week and 3 days using the bands to do arm exercises and squats off the rebounder. It's simple, not too big or bulky, and can be a complete workout! It's also great because the kids love to jump and play on it too! So, what is a Chi Swing then?
This is the Chi Swing that sits in the corner of bedroom. My entire family loves this machine. When I am diligent, I use this machine 15 minutes in the morning and 15 minutes at night. For those of you who have never seen this or heard of this click here to read more about it or do a google search. However, I learned from experience on this one to NOT get a knock off brand! The Chi Swing is the way to go even if you find something a little cheaper! This machine if more then just an exercise machine. 

I also love to do bursting which requires no equipment and only take 4-10 minutes a day 3 days a week for benefits. Click here to watch a video demonstration on how to do bursting. This demo is on a treadmill, but you can do jumping jacks, running in place, or any other exercise of your choice with bursting.

Between both pieces of equipment I spent around $160, they take up very little space, and do a complete workout. If you throw in a few yoga workouts a few days a week, you will be set! 

For those who think they don't have time, or refuse to make time:
Exercise is JUST as important as what you eat or don't eat! You can't have a truly healthy life style without moving your body!

Please leave your comments below, and share with me what you do to keep yourself in shape.


1 comment:

  1. Get the Elliptical Trainers you want from the brands you love today at Sears. ... home; it's easy with the help of the compact elliptical trainers for sale from Sears. Elliptical Machine Deals

    ReplyDelete