Sunday, March 25, 2012

How to Make Homemade Wet Wipes or baby wipes.

I've been using this recipe since my teenage girls were babies! I loved using them because I KNEW what was in them and what was going on my baby's skin. The wet ones are not super cheap although they are a lot cheaper then the store bought ones. It is and was more important to me that all natural ingredients are being used when it comes to the skin of my darling children. There is also a great satisfaction that comes from making your own products for your family.

I stopped using them for the longest time because I didn't have a need for "wet ones". However, I found myself wishing I had some in the car, my purse, and in the bathroom. I keep them in the bathroom for the times when my girls are too tired/lazy to wash their face. They use the wet wipes to wash their face at night or in the morning. Again, the picture tutorial is self explanatory, but I will post the recipe. Also, when I made them years ago, I actually would have dh cut the roll in half, put them in a round bowl, then pull the center out (after it was wet), and would then pull the wipes out from the center. That is probably the quickest and easiest way to do it, but we don't make the mass amount now like we used to. My girls actually enjoy helping me to make these.

1 roll of good paper towel (the cheap stuff doesn't work well) I use Brawny select-a-size (102 sheets)
2-3 cups of water (depending how wet you want them)
2-3 Tbs. Dr. Bronner's Castile soap (baby mild formula)
1/4-1/2 t. vitamin E oil (optional)
10-15 drops of favorite Essential Oil (optional, I didn't do this when I used it for my babies)
Be sure to pour the mixture in a few different layers (bottom, middle of wipes, and top of wipes). They will not be saturated at first, so let them set for a while with the lid on and all of the towels will get wet eventually.











8 comments:

  1. This is fab! How long do they last before the paper starts to fall apart?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so awesome! I love the DIY items you post. Praise God that I found your web page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow excellent post ever seen. It’s really informative.!
    Clean Ends" is a great option too! I love this stuff and use it regularly.. It's Good for the environment and for the whole family!.Check it out online at: http://cleanends.shoutcms.net/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am trying to save so this is the beginning of a new lifestyle. Our pay has been cut seriously and I will follow you and work on this. I have your email set up so I will let you know how things are going. thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your post " How to Make Homemade Wet Wipes or baby wipes" is really unique & informative. Thanks to share with us. I hope good for your next post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think like the cottonelle, they should be indeed flushable

    ReplyDelete
  7. If you (or someone you know) are interested in finding natural healing courses, let professional training within fast-growing industries like massage therapy, cosmetology, acupuncture, oriental medicine, Reiki, and others get you started! Explore a natural health. chipotle diabetes friendly

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a number of online pharmacies, with a medical affiliation is that take great pain to differentiate themselves form unlicensed overseas pharmacies. buy hydrocodone watson 540 online

    ReplyDelete