Friday, April 20, 2012

All Natural Homemade Skin Moisturizer


Moisturizer. . .One of the more expensive skin care products on the market, but also one of the most important. As usual, mine is simple, easy to make, all natural, and inexpensive.


The base is Virgin Coconut Oil (4 oz.)
15 drops of Patchouli Oil
5-10 drops Lavender Oil
15-20 drops vitamin E oil
Mix all the ingredients together. Keep in mind that coconut oil solidifies when it is cold and melts when it is warm. 

I also wanted to mention that everything I use on my face I also use on my neck and hands. A very small amount of the moisturizer goes a long way, so this amount last a LONG time. I love the smell, and my skin feels like silk after putting it on. 

I wrote a previous post that gives a long list of  benefits of Patchouli oil. 

Lavender is good for:

  • Pain relief
  • Headaches and migraines
  • Muscle aches and sprains
  • Menstrual cramps
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Relaxation
  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Inducing sleep
  • Digestive distress, gas and colic
  • Inflammation
  • Burns
  • Insect bites
  • Chicken Pox
  • Acne treatment
  • Dermatitis
  • Insect repellant
  • Dry skin
  • Muscle relaxant
Enjoy! =)



No comments:

Post a Comment