Wednesday, April 25, 2012

All Natural Homemade Tooth Powder






Recipe

3 T + 1 t. Baking Soda
5 t. sea salt
2 capsules of black walnut
1 capsule of white oak bark
The black walnut kills fungus and the white oak bark removes plaque. We buy our capsules from Nature's Sunshine


This recipe was given to me by a very special friend who is an elderly lady. My kids call her grandma and she lives in the apartment attached to our house. She is a wealth of knowledge when it comes to health, nutrition, and frugality! However, this is the recipe she makes for her. In order to make a larger batch you start with being to sure to use double the amount of baking soda as you do sea salt. As far as the capsules, I don't know the exact amount to adjust to, but just make sure you always use 1 or 2 more capsules of black walnut then you do white oak bark.


 Obviously, this wouldn't be anywhere close to what we would need for our family of 8. This is one recipe I have not convinced my husband to use yet, and my children weren't too thrilled about it. They are getting used to it though. I haven't started using it regularly yet as I am still finishing up my supply of tooth soap. Personally, after using tooth soap for the past few years, I really enjoy the taste of the tooth powder. Of course, that is from an opinion of a person who has not used traditional toothpaste for years.


 If you are transitioning from toothpaste it may take some getting used to. If it helps you any, you should know that traditional toothpaste has fluoride in it along with artificial sweeteners (how else do you think they make the toothpaste sweet?), and other nasty chemicals that are known carcinogens and neurotoxins. You may ask, "But I thought fluoride was good for you and helps to strengthen your teeth?". I'm so sorry you have been lied to and do not yet know the truth! Read the truth here! Please stop being brain washed by dentists, doctors, society, and old, outdated information. Please stop giving fluoride to your family!


Oh, and don't forget to floss everyday! =) Enjoy your new, healthy, non-toxic, beautiful smile! =)

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing. Baking soda and salt are too harsh for my teeth though -they become too sensitive. I think bentonite or other clay are good too -they draw out the toxins, and remineralize the teeth at the same time. But I wil definetely add the herbs you reccomended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Baking soda is one of the best teeth whitening ingredients many people are using today. Dentists just like my austin tx dentists recommends it as well. Keep blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sun Basket is relatively new to the meal-kit scene, with organic, local choices brought to you from Justine Kelly, a well-known chef who was on the executive team at San Francisco’s famous Slanted Door restaurant. It offers a lot of menu choices beyond the typical steak-and-potatoes fare, including paleo, dairy-, or gluten-free options, and many of the dishes have an Asian-fusion flare.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGoPInOC0Fg

    ReplyDelete